Join Our Team
Everyone at Oakmont Care is dedicated to making a real difference to our client’s lives. We all believe the best care is delivered to our clients in the comfort of their own home. Our support workers will be working towards fulfilling that aim.
What we believe all support workers should display:
Genuine concern for others. Those who need support come from all different backgrounds, and have a range of conditions that make everyday living a challenge. Support workers must treat all people who use our services equally and with genuine sensitivity – and come to the job without prejudices, or pre-conceptions.
Ability to listen and empower. The aim is not to take over but to encourage and support a person in their daily living, so they are able to choose what help they have and how it is carried out, and maintain or increase their independence.
Conscientious and dependable. Arriving punctually and carrying out their tasks to the best of their ability. The person who needs care depends on the support worker, to carry out the important tasks as helping them to get up in the morning, wash, dress and take their medication, it is vital the support worker is reliable.
Being organised and able to respond to the unexpected. The person supported may want to visit a friend, or need to attend an appointment suddenly, or indeed fall unexpectedly ill, a support worker must be able to react calmly and responsively, whatever the situation.
Determined to make a positive difference to someone’s life. That means supporting the individual with a cheerful demeanour, taking the initiative, reacting flexibly to make sure that person can live as independently as possible.
At Oakmont Care we operate a fair and open recruitment process that gives you lots of opportunity to demonstrate your skills and personality. We welcome applications from all age groups, and a professional attitude is much more important than formal qualifications.
What we offer?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Mileage paid
- In house training
- Continuous personal development
- Career enhancement opportunities.
Some of the key tasks and responsibilities for a support worker are assisting our clients with
- Managing their daily routine – getting them up in the morning and assisting them in going to bed
- Staying fit– helping them to attend doctors/hospital or physio appointments
- Staying connected – helping them meet their friends and family, clubs, pursue a favourite hobby
- Staying healthy- supporting them to prepare their meals so they can eat well, assisting them with eating, monitoring levels of fluid intake
- Staying independent – assisting them with shopping, managing their money or accessing local facilities like leisure centres and libraries
- Assisting them with housework – helping them with domestic chores like washing and ironing
Key Requirements from our support workers
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Completion of enhanced DBS background checks
- Suitable references
- Full driving license & use of a car
In return, we offer competitive rates of pay, comprehensive inhouse training, and genuine opportunities for career enhancement. We place a real emphasis on staff development, and employees can enhance their learning further.
If this sounds interesting to you, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the role.
For the opportunity to become a member of the team simply follow our 3 Step Process.
Fill out your details
Simply fill out your details and we will be in touch to talk to you and arrange an interview.
Come and see us
We will talk to you about your experience and introduce ourselves, answering any questions you may have.
Join our team
If you accept the role we will begin our inducution and training programme.